Please read ALL the following information.
Time is at a premium from October 9 through the Festival and your email may not be answered until late evenings or early mornings. No need to panic!! Review workshop website, logistics information, and spam before sending emails. Email instructors with questions relating to the content of a workshop, but they can't assist you with e-tickets and other logistics. Please don't send messages through Facebook/Ravelry.
The Fairgrounds Cafe is the only food vendor on Thursday/Friday (cash only and no ATMs are open onsite until the weekend). There are a variety of local restaurants just a short drive away. If you have food sensitivities, you may want to pack a lunch.
e-Tickets: We provide you with a Code via email to use on etix.com to get your complimentary etix. To get through the gates, you bring your printed etix.com ticket, or present your phone with the barcode on it for them to scan at the Fairgrounds' gate.
- 3+ hour workshops receive a code for one pair of e-tickets for the weekend, regardless of how many workshops purchased.
- 2-hour workshops receive an e-ticket code for the day of class.
- Registered before 10/11/22: We expect to email e-tickets to the registrant's email address beginning, in batches, starting Wednesday, 10/5/22
- Registering after 10/11/22: Your Name - NO tickets – will be on a list at the MULBERRY ST PEDESTRIAN GATE or 4H GATE ONLY - see map below.
- Please print the e-ticket as soon as it’s received to avoid last minute panic. Chrome and Firefox work best. Present tickets at gates for weekend admission. Send to cell phone by entering cell # after entering your email address (data plan required).
- Tickets are not replaceable.
- If you purchased classes as a gift and used your email address as their recipient email, then they won't receive this email, and you will get their e-ticket codes
Workshops are held in Bldg "D," the Tent Area (41) next to D, and Bldg 42 (“Foster’s”) (all in blue on the map below). See more info below for Thurs/Fri workshops and Sat/Sun workshops.
- Dress in layers and choose comfortable footwear wisely.
- Some instructors require a mask - review your class info.
- Any class can be held in a tent due to space restrictions.
- Building D has two industrial propane heaters and Tents have patio propane heaters.
- We provide tables and chairs in each classroom (lightly padded chairs) and tent (no padding), but you may want to bring a comfortable chair or cushion from home.
- Bring a battery operated light with you if you need task lighting.
- Pack an extension cord if you’re bringing an e-spinner.
- We’ll have coffee, tea, and water this year, but NO snacks for 2022.
- Reusable cups reduce waste, please remember to bring one if available.
- Restrooms are a short walk away. There is no dedicated restroom for workshops.
Check-in Bldg D (accessed through Bldg C) prior to your first class. You'll get one irreplaceable lapel pin - your "ticket" to workshop areas (it does NOT take the place of e-tickets). Allow plenty of time for check-in and to grab a cup of coffee or tea before heading to class. You won’t have to check in again if you’re taking other classes.
PRE-FEST ORDERED SOUVENIR PICKUP:
Pre-ordered items, with receipt, will be available in Bldg D if you selected WORKSHOPS as your pickup location.
THURSDAY OR FRIDAY WORKSHOPS - PARKING AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Fairgrounds open by 8:00 am each day, Workshops begin at 9:00 am.
- NO e-ticket needed to enter the grounds on Thursday or Friday.
- Drive through the Mulberry St. Gate and park in the oval track (or use the adjacent parking lot) and access the grounds through the Mulberry St. Gate, which is the most conveniently located gate.
- You may park, temporarily, in front of Building D or near the Tent Area to load/unload supplies.
SATURDAY OR SUNDAY WORKSHOPS - PARKING AND OTHER INFORMATION
We strongly recommend bringing hand carts/wagons if you have equipment to bring to classes.
- Fairgrounds open by 9:00 AM to the public. Workshops start at 10:00 AM. You will need your e-ticket.
- Parking: Refer to the map below. You may park in any parking lot, but the Mulberry Street lot is closest to the workshop area.
- Handicapped parking is available at the Welcome Center Gate #1, 4H Gate #2, and M
- If you have to drive onto the festival grounds, contact me prior to 10/7/22 and, if approved, a mirror hang tag will be provided. This allows you access to the grounds prior to 8:30 am through the North Entrance gate only - to drop off your supplies/equipment. The car then must be removed to general parking areas . Vehicles are towed after 8:30 am.
IMPORTANT THINGS to REMEMBER:
This Festival is run by a handful of devoted people. We can use help throughout the year.
Late for class? It happens. It's your responsibility to catch up and you may have to finish on your own.
Instructors are not allowed to sell to students in the classroom and vendors are not allowed to sell before 9:00 am on Saturday. Please don't ask them to do so.
You may NOT record, in any way, any portion of any workshop without express permission of instructor. No photos/recordings of techniques can be uploaded to social media.
Please be considerate of your fellow students - infants/babies/children/families/best friends/significant others and other visitors are not allowed in classrooms.
Bring headphones if you like music while you're working.
Announcements will be posted on our website, Facebook page, and Twitter (nysheepwool).
Shortly after the Festival, we'll be emailing a link for workshop evaluations.
Don’t forget: We will be collecting hearty soups for the Jayne Brooks Food Pantry, a local organization. Please drop off (Building D) through Sunday, 10/16/2022, by noon.
We are thrilled to be back in Building D and look forward to seeing you soon!
2022 NYS Sheep and Wool Festival