Please read ALL the following information.
DO NOT wait until the last week to contact us with any issues or other Festival related questions. Time is at a premium from October 13 through the Festival and your email may not be answered until late evenings or early mornings. Review workshop website, logistics information, and spam before sending emails. Email instructors with questions relating to content of workshop - they cannot assist you with logistics. Sending messages through Facebook/Ravelry or other Festival email addresses will not receive a more timely reply.
DO NOT wait until the last week to contact us.
The Fairgrounds Cafe (menu below) is the only food vendor on Thursday/Friday (cash only and no ATMs are open onsite until the weekend). There are a variety of local restaurants just a short drive away. If you have food sensitivities, you may want to pack a lunch.
- 3+ hour workshops receive two codes for weekend e-tickets, regardless of how many workshops being taken.
- Less than 3 hrs receive an e-ticket code for the day of class.
- Registered before 10/11/19: We expect to email e-tickets to the registrant's email address beginning, in batches, starting Wednesday, 10/9/19
- Registering after 10/11/19: Your Name - NO tickets – will be on a list at the MULBERRY ST PEDESTRIAN GATE or 4H GATE ONLY.
- Print the e-ticket as soon as it’s received, don't wait until the last minute - Chrome and Firefox work best.Present tickets at gates for weekend admission. Send to cell phone by entering cell # after entering your email address (data plan required).
- Tickets are not replaceable.
- If you purchased classes as a gift and used your email address as their recipient email, then they won't receive this email, and you will get their e-ticket codes
Workshops are held in Bldg "D," the Tent Area (41) next to D, Bldg 42 (“Foster’s”), or Bldg G, the "Girl Scout Room" (all in blue). See more info below for Thurs/Fri workshops and Sat/Sun workshops.
- Dress in layers and choose comfortable footwear wisely.
- Any class can be held in a tent due to space restrictions.
- Building D has two industrial propane heaters and Tents have patio propane heaters.
- We provide tables and chairs in each classroom (lightly padded chairs) and tent (no padding), but you may want to bring a comfortable chair or cushion from home.
- Bring a battery operated light with you if you need task lighting.
- Pack an extension cord if you’re bringing an e-spinner.
- We’ll have coffee, tea, water and snack-y things throughout each day. Reusable cups reduce waste.
- Restrooms are a short walk away. There is no dedicated restroom for workshops.
Check-in Bldg D (accessed through Bldg C) prior to your first class. You'll get one irreplaceable lapel pin - your "ticket" to workshop areas (it does NOT take the place of e-tickets). Allow plenty of time for check-in, to find your class, and to grab a cup of coffee or tea before heading to class. You won’t have to check in again if you’re taking other classes.
Pre-ordered items, with receipt, will be available in Bldg D, if you selected WORKSHOPS as your pickup location.
THURSDAY OR FRIDAY WORKSHOPS - PARKING AND OTHER INFORMATION
- Fairgrounds open by 8:00 am each day, Workshops begin at 9:00 am.
- NO e-ticket needed to enter the grounds on Thursday or Friday.
- Drive through the Mulberry St. Gate and park in the oval track (or use the adjacent parking lot) and access the grounds through the Mulberry St. Gate, which is the most conveniently located gate.
- You may park, temporarily, in front of Building D or near the Tent Area to load/unload supplies.
SATURDAY OR SUNDAY WORKSHOPS - PARKING AND OTHER INFORMATION
We strongly recommend bringing hand carts/wagons if you have equipment to bring to classes.
- Fairgrounds open by 9:00 AM to the public. Workshops start at 10:00 AM. You will need your e-ticket.
- Parking: Refer to this map. You may park in any parking lot, but the Mulberry Street lot is closest to the workshop area.
- Handicapped parking is available at the Welcome Center Gate #1, 4H Gate #2, and M
- If you have to drive onto the festival grounds, contact me prior to 10/7/19 and, if approved, a mirror hang tag will be provided. This allows you access to the grounds prior to 8:30 am through the North Entrance gate only - to drop off your supplies/equipment. The car then must be removed to general parking areas . Vehicles are towed after 8:30 am.
IMPORTANT THINGS to REMEMBER:
This Festival is run by a devoted network of volunteers. We can always use help.
Late for class? It happens. It's your responsibility to catch up and you may have to finish on your own.
Instructors are not allowed to sell to students in the classroom and vendors are not allowed to sell before 9:00 am on Saturday. Please don't ask them to do so.
You may NOT record, in any way, any portion of any workshop without express permission of instructor. No photos/recordings of techniques can be uploaded to social media.
Please be considerate of your fellow students - infants/babies/children/families/best friends/significant others and other visitors are not allowed in classrooms.
Bring headphones if you like music while you're working.
Announcements will be posted on our website, Facebook page, and Twitter (nysheepwool).
NEW! Shortly after the Festival, we'll be emailing instructions for workshop evaluations.
Don’t forget: We will be collecting baby blankets for Vassar NICU - blankets should be cuddly soft and washable, size can vary, but keep them preemie and infant sized please. Please drop off (Building D) through Sunday, 10/21/18, by noon.
We will also be collecting hats, scarves, mittens, and travel sized soaps, shampoos, etc. for teens for Family of Woodstock. Please drop off (Building D) through Saturday, 10/20/18, by 3:00 pm.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
2019 NYS Sheep and Wool Festival
Thursday and Friday Food Options
Pre-Sheep & Wool Fairgrounds Café Only
John O’Han, President
Thursday, October 17, 11:00 – 4:00
6 oz sirloin burger with choice of toppings $7.00
6 oz sirloin cheeseburger with choice of topping $8.00
All beef hot dog $3.00
Greek salad chicken wrap $10.00
French fries $5/8
Black bean burger with choice of pepperjack, American, or cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomato $8.00
Greek salad: Romaine and iceberg lettuce with cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, and carrots, sprinkled with Feta cheese and choice of Greek or ranch dressing
add chicken $10.00
Garden salad: Crisp iceberg and romaine lettuce with cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and choice of dressing $5.00
Veggie wrap: Tomato or flour tortilla filled with iceberg and Romaine lettuce with grilled eggplant, black olives, cucumbers, carrots, and choice of feta, pepperjack, cheddar, or American cheese, and choice of dressings $10.00
Eggplant wrap: Grilled eggplant with lettuce and tomato, black olives, in a tomato or flour tortilla, topped with feta cheese and tahini sauce $10.00
Friday, October 18, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Full menu and all veggie menu items